I missed you all, i don't think i would be able to catch up on the weeks i missed off blogville. So what have i been up to and what has been up to me? Lemme share some with you all:
* I became an aunt to a new niece
* I cut my hair, not too short though, (now i have braids on)
* God has been more than good to me, irrespective of my faults. (Duh, like God hasn't been so good to every other person).
So my friend decided to call me and ask if i wanted to go to Church, 'cos i haven't been to Church in like a month. She said she was motivated to go, since her muslim friend woke her up and reminded her about Church. She picked me up and we left for Church, but we missed our way there (that was our first time attending the Church). I asked her if she had the directions mapped out, and she said she did but she forgot it at home. Since we couldn't find the Church, we turned around and decided we would go into the first Church we see. There was this beautiful Church we saw just when we turned around, but no one said a word and few minutes later, we saw another Church and we drove into the lot and we got there just as the worship session was coming to an end.
The service started with the pastor introducing the minister of the day, who came along with his wife. They shared a short story about thier vision and their upcoming missionary trip to Indonesia. The pastor shared the story about a dream he had when he was in his early teens, and how much he'd been looking forward to the dream been fulfilled. He shared that along the line, he would sit and ask himself if he actually had the dream, or if it was just fantasy or wishful thinking.
Years passed by and nothing happened till this year when God placed it in his heart and that of his wife to go to Indonesia to share Christ with them. He then asked God why it took long before the dream materialized, and he said the response was "All while long, God was preparing him for the mission to Indonesia", all he ever went through during those years now seemed justified to him. He also reminded us about the story of Joseph and how long it took for Josephs' dream to be fulfilled, the events that transpired before the fulfillment of the dream, and most importantly the reasons why the events had to occur. If he hadn't been sold, he wouldn't be in Egypt, if he hadn't been in Egypt, he wouldn't have ended up been in potiphar's house, if Potiphar's wife had not accused him, he wouldn't be sent to jail, and if he hadn't gone to jail, he wouldn't have met the butler, and if he hadn't interpreted dreams, he wouldn't have become the #2 in Egypt, and if not for him (Joseph), his family would have died of hunger (Which i saw as the Ultimate).
He ended the message by sharing one of my favourite verses of the Bible Habakkuk 2 vs 2-3 "Then the LORD answered me and said, "Record the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run. 2. For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay".
I had to re-read this verse again, and i got a message from the words highlighted.
1. Record the vision and Inscribe it on tablets: Whatever God has shown you should be written down (am i thinking for record purposes?) and as we well know, inscriptions are hardly wiped off. It would remind you of His spoken words/promises, when you begin to forget or loose hope.
2. Appointed time: Timing is crucial with God
3. Goal: He has a UNIQUE purpose for every of His words to us.
4. It will not fail: No word that He speaks shall return to Him void. Isaiah 55 vs 11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
5. Though it tarries: IT WILL take a while for His words to be fulfilled, because of the compulsory challenges we have to face along the line to prepare us for the task ahead.
6. Wait for it: it's a command, persevere, endure. When you are falling or you fall, ask for His grace, pick yourself up and keep waiting.
7. It will certainly come: Again, His words shall not return to Him void, He's assuring us AGAIN. Ezekiel 12 vs 25a "For I the LORD will speak, and whatever word I speak will be performed."
8. It will not delay: Remember He's all about the timing. He will never be a second late, at the right time and at the right place.
I don't know what you may be going through or what you've gone through, but if you're like me who feels hopeless at times, or who feels like all those dreams seem to be a lie 'cos they haven't been fulfilled, I hope these passages would encourage you to believe that He's working behind the scenes of your life, and very soon without delay He would bring those dreams to reality. Never forget that "we know that God causes ALL things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8 vs 28.
Hold on to His words, endure even in His grace and have a great week ahead. Much love!